Mikkeller Drinkin in the Snow – Non Alcoholic Winter Ale:
Exploring the realm of non-alcoholic ales, Mikkeller introduces “Drinkin in the Snow,” a winter ale that distinguishes itself with its flawless craftsmanship and unique character. Tailored for those cold winter nights, this brew encapsulates the spirit of the season in each sip.
The ale showcases a transparent amber shade, evoking a snowy sunset. The aroma presents an enticing fusion of toasted malts, subtle spices, and hints of dried fruits. The initial taste reveals a medley of flavors, blending notes of caramel, cloves, and a dash of orange zest. This is complemented by a smooth, luxurious texture, creating a rich and comforting experience with every sip.
Mikkeller has truly excelled with this non-alcoholic winter ale, ensuring that even individuals refraining from alcohol can relish in the festive essence of the season. Whether you’re gathered by the hearth or taking a moment for yourself, “Drinkin in the Snow” pledges to be a delightful companion, transporting you to a winter wonderland with every taste.
Mikkeller Drinkin in the Snow Tasting Notes:
- Appearance: A clear, amber hue that paints the perfect portrait of a serene winter evening.
- Aroma: A harmonious bouquet of toasted malts, with undercurrents of warming spices like cloves and nutmeg, accented by the gentle aroma of dried fruits such as raisins and apricots.
- Palate: A delightful dance of flavors graces the palate. The initial notes of caramel and toffee transition into the subtle zing of orange zest. This is accompanied by the delicate warmth of spices, replicating the cozy feel of winter indoors.
- Mouthfeel: Silky and velvety, the ale has a medium body, making every sip feel like a warm embrace, ideal for a cold day.
- Finish: Ends on a balanced note, with the spices and malt leaving a lasting impression, urging for the next sip.
Mikkeller Drinkin in the Snow – Non Alcoholic Christmas Ale
Nutritional Information Per 100ml
Food Pairings for Mikkeller Drinkin in the Snow – Non Alcoholic Winter Ale:
- Roasted Meats: The ale’s toasted malt profile complements the charred exterior of roasted meats such as beef or lamb, enhancing the overall savoury experience.
- Winter Stews: The warmth of the spices in the ale enriches the hearty flavours of traditional winter stews, with ingredients like root vegetables and chunks of tender meat.
- Spiced Desserts: Pair this winter ale with desserts that have a hint of spice, such as gingerbread cookies or cinnamon-infused apple pie. The matching spices amplify the richness of the desserts.
- Soft Cheeses: Creamy and soft cheeses like brie or camembert can be perfectly offset by the ale’s subtle bitterness and spice notes, creating a delightful balance on the palate.
- Dark Chocolate: The subtle bitterness and roasted flavours of the ale match well with the richness of dark chocolate, making for a decadent pairing.
Mikkeller is a renowned Danish craft brewery founded in 2006 by Mikkel Borg Bjergsø, a former school teacher and avid homebrewer. The brewery is known for its innovative and experimental approach to brewing, which has led to the creation of a wide variety of unique and distinctive beers. Mikkeller operates on a “gypsy brewing” model, meaning they do not have a fixed location or dedicated brewing facilities. Instead, they collaborate with other breweries across the world to produce their beers, fostering a spirit of creativity and collaboration in the craft beer industry.
Throughout the years, Mikkeller has built a strong reputation for pushing the boundaries of brewing and challenging traditional beer styles. They have released an impressive array of beers, ranging from bold and hoppy IPAs to rich and complex stouts, as well as non-alcoholic options like the Limbo Series Riesling. Mikkeller’s commitment to quality and innovation has earned them numerous awards and a loyal following of beer enthusiasts worldwide. In addition to their beers, Mikkeller also operates bars, restaurants, and bottle shops in various locations around the globe, further solidifying their presence in the international craft beer scene.